Administrative documents throughout the history of IGIC. Included are bylaw and incorporation documents as well as a copy of the original Executive Order establishing IGIC and several reports from the late 1990s that were influential in the formation of the organization.
IGIC is a 501(c)3 organization. We are required by law to make our 990 form available for viewing by the public. This document may be viewed by contacting the organization's Treasurer, Mr. Josh Obrecht. Josh may be contacted at: 515.294.6990 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative documents related to the establishment and on-going functioning of IGIC
- Organizational bylaws were first adopted by IGIC in 1999.
- The current bylaws were reviewed and modified in 2004-2005.
- IGIC incorporated as a non-profit entity in October of 2003.
- Executive order 65 providing for the establishment of the Iowa Geographic Information Council signed by then Governor of Iowa Terry E. Branstad.
Meeting Minutes and Other IGIC Documents
- IOWAccess Project 8: Statewide Coordinated Geographic Information Systems (GIS)- final report on project who's mission was "to construct the infrastructure needed for all levels of government, the educational sector, and the private sector to take full advantage of geographic information systems and related technologies." This project established an ongoing geospatial information coordination infrastructure that was based within the Iowa Technology Services. This arrangement was to provide for the coordination of intergovernmental and private sector GIS development; a clearinghouse for geospatial data and metadata; coordination of GIS educational efforts at all levels in Iowa; and linkages with Federal and interstate GIS programs.
Intergovernmental Information Technology & Telecommunications Plan
- The GIS Workgroup final report. The GIS workgroup was one of five workgroups assigned to implement the IITT plan goals of improving citizen interaction with their government; coordinating state, federal, and local information planning efforts, and developing a vision and direction for an Iowa IITT plan.