Membership provides individuals a means of staying connected, informed and engaged with the GIS community in Iowa. Membership is free and open to all who have an interest in geospatial activities affecting Iowa.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to the GIS Forum (an email mailing list) where topics and conversation are free flowing exchanges that make all of our jobs easier and improves the state of geospatial activities for Iowa.
- Learn more about GIS at events and worships
- Network with fellow GIS processionals and map makers
- Influence Iowa’s geospatial future
- Get and stay involved. Attend the quarterly meetings (either in person or utilizing one of the available wiz-bang technologies IGIC offers to get you connected to the meetings)
- Share your expertise and opinions with Iowa’s GIS community. It is very easy for an organization like IGIC to become a one-way street of communication. The true value for all members is when IGIC is a two-way street of information highway goodness.
Interested in joining?
The Council consists of representatives from federal, state, county, regional and local governments, colleges and universities, and the private sector. The IGIC consists of twenty-five Board Members that represent each of the functional sectors. As a member driven organization, IGIC relies heavily on the support of its membership in accomplishing its mission and objectives. Even if you are not a member of the Board, IGIC needs your interest and support. Consider contacting us with your ideas on how to make the organization better adapted to fulfilling the needs of Iowa’s GIS community.
Would you like to contribute content or tap the resources of Iowa’s GIS community? Become a member. Membership is free and open to interested individuals. Membership requests click here.
The Council’s strategic objectives are addressed by focused Committees. To view the listing of committees, click here. Contact the current listed chair on how to get involved with the activities of that committee. If you see areas in need of focus that are not listed, please contact the Council Chair.
The Council meets quarterly to discuss GIS issues in the State of Iowa. The meetings are split into two parts: the first half of the meeting is spent conducting Council business. Various speakers comprise the second half of the meeting educating participants on available datasets, project updates and other GIS concerns.
Learn about the upcoming conference here. (http://conference NULL.iowagic NULL.org)
A variety of user groups meet around the state of Iowa. There are 3 primary types: those that are software driven; those that are interest/issue driven; and those driven by geographic location.