Development of the Iowa Geospatial Infrastructure
Read the final report for the GIS ROI from GITA and get more information about the development of the Iowa Geospatial Infrastructure. Read more here…
IGIC Strategic and Business Plan
IGIC recently received an NSDI CAP Award (http://www NULL.fgdc NULL.gov/grants) to complete its strategic planning process and develop a business plan which will focus on further development of the Iowa spatial data infrastructure (SDI). State SDIs involve the coordination of programs, policies, technologies, and resources to foster a coordinated effort of geospatial data collection, documentation through metadata, data discovery mechanisms, distribution, and exchange. Details on how you can contribute and participate in this process will be posted here soon.
IGIC Guiding Principles
- Promote the use of geographic information technology among public and private organizations and individuals for planning, decision-making and problem-solving processes.
- Promote education and training in GIS and related technologies within all levels of education.
- Adopt, communicate and promote standards for use by the GIS community to facilitate data collection and promote data sharing.
- Promote partnerships for the purpose of data development and data sharing.
- Provide a mechanism through which the interests and concerns of Iowa’s GIS community can be directed to appropriate policy makers.
- Provide operating policies and procedures for management of the Council.
How do you use GIS?